Wednesday, 24 December 2008

Day 4: Dark

This was a bit of an experiement. I painted it in the inverse colours, scanned it and then inverted the colours. So the whole time I was painting it with the colour wheel in mind. It was an interesting way to work though. The dark is actually something that I find very comforting so I don't know why I went for this "what lurks in the dark" kind of image. But I think it has that ethereal and sublime feel to it and so my love of the night comes across in that at least, I'd say.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Clare,

    I'm starting to look your blog, and I must say one word: amazing.

    This drawning has something that makes me wander in the darkness of my confuse mind. Like someone looking for another light, in a strange place.

    (I'm sorry for my awful english...)

    See you,

    ReplyDelete