Sunday, 28 December 2008

Day 6: Break Away

This actually started as a joke. It was a doodle I was doing at work. And then I got home and looked at it and thought it was kinda cute. So I scribbled all over the back with oil pastel and printed it onto a thicker piece of paper so I could paint it. Sadly, it means that some of the details is actually lost in the cliffs. Essentially I could have gone back and filled it in... But I didn't, clearly.

In case you can't read my awful handwriting, on the left it says "The White Cliffs Experience." I live very close to Dover... about half an hour drive at most and whilst I was originally thinking 'Break Away' in an emotional sense I decided to go for the more literal erosion sense. I just kind of liked the idea of little islands forming away from the cliffs with crazy royal families and laws, haha.

Okay... I live in a fantasy world. But it's got to be better than the real world ^^

4 comments:

  1. very cute! ^^ you used it! you made fun of me for my little keyboard faces and here you are using them! mwahahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of the rotten boroughs that existed before the 1832 Reform Act...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting contribution there, pappy <3

    ReplyDelete