Saturday, 3 January 2009

Day 12: Insanity.

This one is about Aileen Wuornos and therefore, this must be the closest I have got to sticking to the theme, since usualy I deviate it in some way or just use it as a springboard and end up somewhere totally different.

I became interested in Aileen when I was younger after reading about her in a book called Deadlier Than The Male which became my favourite book quite quickly. Anyway, Aileen's life was riddled with misery and tradgedy which all lead up to her being raped and beaten by a 'client' (she was a prostitute) who she then shot. She became addicted to the power and just kept killing. Having said that, she only killed 7 men but still got the death sentence.

If you want to hear the full story, don't wiki it because the wikipedia page misses out most of the interesting stuff.

2 comments:

  1. What a waste of life..
    Very appropriate Clare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rose :)

    To be honest, this is probably one of my favourite pieces so far <3

    ReplyDelete