Thursday, 12 November 2009

Day 40: Rated.

I took a really long time to get to this point. There were some technical issues here and there, basically revolving around me moving to university without a scanner or the last painting I had done. So for a while I got hung up on it and then a couple of weekends ago, I went ahead and did another picture for Rated, shortly before returning home and taking a photograph of the original one. Oh dear.

The new one looks at social ratings. It's about how your physical appearance can change where you fit into society, often determining whether you are at the top or the bottom of the pack. Being attractive can mean that people are nicer to you, more polite and friendly, whilst being unattractive can mean that you are often ignored or overlooked, even used as a figure of fun and therefore rejected from social groups. Heavy?

The old one was called "You VS Spock" in my head and was measuring how much I liked my boyfriend in relation to how much I liked Spock. It was a laugh really. Especially since I like Spock more than I like anyone else in the known universe. Oh, Spock.

I don't really know which one I prefer. I just figured that I'd put the new one as the main entry because for some reason that made sense when I decided to do it. I can't really justify it now, sadly. Hopefully, I might be able to find access to a scanner soon because so much colour information and detail is lost in photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment