Monday, 11 January 2010

Day 43: Dying.

This one comes with a long rambly story. Back at uni, if you walk through the backstreet route to my nearest Asda, you pass a house with a pear tree. For the whole of October, I always went that way and whenever I passed the house, there was a mound of rotting pears under the tree and it plays on my mind sometimes. It's just such a strong vivid image and every time I think about it, I am reminded of the pungent smell. Anybody who I talk to regularly, will probably have heard me ramble about that tree before.

Anyway, then a few days ago I started scribbling in my poetry book about a woman who planted a pear tree as a child and grew up with it but when she then dies, the pear tree carries on living, carries on producing fruit but as she is no longer there, the fruit builds up and decays. For some reason, I feel quite strongly about that image.

Enough ramble now. I hope you like it. It's not one of my best but it's not one of my worst either.

However, I do think that the background could do with a little more. But nevermind.

2 comments:

  1. I love the colours... and the background is perfect... reminds me of Yves Tanguy

    ReplyDelete